MEDITATION is the common English word for ‘Dhyana’. Just as sleep cannot be taught, so also Medit ation. Meditation cannot be made by deliberate creation of conditions. Meditation comes by itself. It is essential/preferable to have a proper environment, timing and attitude.
For beginners it is advisable to follow the following steps:
- Regularity of time, place and practice are most important.
- The most effective timing are early Dawn and Dusk. Especially during ‘Brahmamuhurta’ the atmosphere is charged with spiritual force.
- A separate area is equally important; the area should preferably use only for meditation such that it be free from other vibrations and associations.
- Try to face North or East such that the advantageous & favourable magnetic vibrations could be harnessed.
- To start, command the mind to be quiet. Forget the past & future. Be in the present. Begin with a prayer.
- Consciously regulate the breath. Begin with deep breaths. Slow down to imperceptible rate.
- Breathing MUST be rhythmic. Regulating of breath regulates the flow of ‘prana’- the vital energy.
- Allow the mind to wonder, first. Later it will effortlessly settle.
- Do not force the mind to be still. If you attempt, additional unwanted brain waves will set in which will hinder meditation. The best way to slow down the mind is to disassociate with it and watch it, it will slow down.
- Select a focal point for the mind to rest. Either the 3rd eye or the heart.
- May visualize a neutral or uplifting object or symbol. If using mantra, repeat it mutely. If no personally preferred mantra, use AUM. Mental repetition is stronger. Verbal is also OK. NEVER change your mantra.
- Repetition will lead to the sound vibration to merge with thought vibration to a point of unawareness of meaning. This is a suitable state of Transidental bliss.
With practice, duality disappears & samadhi or super conscious state is reached. Do not become impatient, it is like a long tour. In samadhi , one rests in a state of bliss in which the knower, act of knowing and knowledge are one. This is super-conscious state, reached by mystics of faiths.
MEDITATION opens door to intuitive knowledge and realms of external bliss. Mind becomes calm & steady. ONE BEGINS TO UNDERSTAND DIVINE LANGUAGE. YOU GET MESSAGES. COMMUNICATION STARTS. DUALITY VANISHES. RELIEF & PROGRESS SETS IN BETTER THAN IF PLANNED FOR.